View Single Post
Old 08-05-20, 02:16 AM
Amt0571

Bikes: Canyon Grand Canyon AL SL 8.0, Triban RC520 Gravel Ltd, Btwin Ultra 520 AF GF, Triban Road 7, Benotto 850

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 215 Times in 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I've had over a dozen Garmin's of various sorts, Marine, Handheld, Auto, and one Edge. I've never had an issue with any of them that wasn't my misunderstanding of how something was supposed to work or me perceiving a feature differently than what it was supposed to do.

Battery life on my 10 year old Edge 500 is still over eight hours. The only mid-ride failures I've had are when I forgot to restart the timer after stopping for a period and the auto shut-off did what it is supposed to do.

If you are needing something for trekking across the country on a bike, then I'd agree the Edge isn't the thing for you. The Edge is more toward those that are cycling for fitness. And for those that need help finding their way on shorter one day rides.

Still, I don't know why you hate something because it's no use to you. I guess you must hate me! <grin>
I'm not talking Edge 500. I'm talking modern Edge devices with mapping. All I have used have crashed and lost data at least once. Same with my friends. After a couple of years of use battery runtimes are around 3 to 4h when it's cold. That's simply crap.