Old 04-15-09, 09:16 AM
Jquest

Bikes: 12 speed road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PedallingATX i like the black and red one, but here is my beef:

I personally don't like machined front/non-machined rear. I think it just takes away from the beautiful symmetry that is a bicycle. If they were both machined, it would look better IMO. Other than that, I love it. Plus bullhorns tilted up looks kinda bad, IMO
Originally Posted by Gyeswho
while this is so very true, he has his priorities right and knows that a machined surface gives better braking. Function over fashion always reigns!
Thanks for the critique. I don't take it personally. There are a bunch of other Surlys that have a much nicer look than mines. It's machined in the front cause I live in Miami. No body respects bikes down here ,so my head is on a swivel when I ride and I feel more secure with the brake on the front. But now that you mention it...yeah, I guess both machined would of looked nicer. Oh well...
As far as the bars....I tried riding them level , but my wrist were still tilted too far forward. After a while of biking it starts to get a little bothersome on the joints, so I adjusted them to where my wrist would feel comfortable like the way I would hold a can of soda if I was drinking it. I can ride like that all day long. On weekends I might bike 25 miles on my fixie.

Last edited by Jquest; 04-15-09 at 09:21 AM.