Old 06-27-16, 01:49 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26427 Post(s)
Liked 10,382 Times in 7,210 Posts
...post some photos. I have two of them, from different years, and can tell you what I paid for them here four or five years back. An orange one in excellent original cosmetic condition with tubular rims (original) cost me 500 dollars cash money, and needed a complete overhaul, which is not unusual for me. A champagne beige one that had been stripped of decals, but still had the original components (mostly) was a real find at a yard sale here for 125 dollars. Repro decals are readily available, and pretty close to the originals. Close enough if you ride fast, anyway.

There was one on the SF Bay area CL a couple of weeks back for 1200 bucks, which is about twice what one in pristine condition ought to bring, but that whole Campy gruppo on e-bay insanity has probably driven up the price.

For 1200 bucks you can buy some pretty fine Italian or British small production bikes here, and the Windsor Pro originally sold for about half of those.

But I have to admit that both of the bikes I have are excellent riders, in the Italian/Columbus framed tradition. The lugs on a Pro ought to look like faux-Cinelli, with the little holes drilled in them.