3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26427 Post(s)
Liked 10,383 Times in 7,211 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
Well I now own a 1973 Windsor Pro! What a great ridding bike. I ended up changing the bar end shifters to Campy down tube type, wrapped the early Cinelli bars with blue and yellow tape , polished the rear wheel , checked the bike out and decided this morning to put it back together and go for a ride. The bike was raced heavily through the 70's. The original owner was a racer who , unfortunately was dying and decided to pass the bike along to a young man in a bike shop. The bike was just a little too tall for him so he sold it to me. The old man is now gone , but his spirit is still on that bike. I feel it when I am riding, seriously. I just rode 17 miles to my office and checked my mail. After writing this I am heading back home, maybe the long way?
...yeah. That's the nice thing about them. The good ones ride like a swell Italian frame. If yours was raced, it sounds like it has been pretty well tested for construction defects already. Glad you feel good about it.

I am just finishing up a restoration/ city wheels modification to an olde Carabela track bike, which came from the same manufacturer. It had been rode hard and put away wet bu the time I got it, but I'm looking forward to finishing the whole project this week or next and putting some miles on it.