Old 02-14-21, 09:22 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
This cargo bike is not meant for performance cycling.
Just as any eBay purchase, you pay in full when you place the order, I use my credit card the have fraud protection and allow me to dispute the charges of things goes wrong.
Chinese bicycle manufacturing quality have advanced leaps & bounds in the last 25+ years that I have worked in the body of industry.
I will use this cargo ebike as a daily delivery vehicle in Brooklyn, among congested motor vehicle traffic, where max speed will likely be under 20 mph.
It will be carrying leftover food items from local schools to homeless shelters.
My priority is to have a cheap ebike that has the capacity to carry large volume of load & just reliable as the Door-dash, UBEReats, delivery folks in NYC that ride their ebikes in all weather, day after day.
Speed was never a priority for this cargo ebike.
Specs on components were included in my previous post, they nothing fancy, just workhorse items.
Wheels are found & true.
Yes it did take 3.5 month to get to Brooklyn with surface shipping from China.
I don't have a scale to weigh the bike, but lightweight was not what I was looking for.
Right now the streets in Brooklyn have 3ft high snow piles, salt & slush on just about every road.
Schools are closed for their week long winter break until Presidents Day.
I will will get bike out for rides when temperature get s above freezing & roads are clean of salt & slush.