John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by osco53
Google, 'Sit Bones'
I will say a normal saddle gives me great pain in the first few miles even after several tries.
My First ISM saddle gave me no pain on the very first 15 mile ride, and the second and third,,
I had them on my Mountain bikes, gravel bikes and my road bike,,
I never rode an old school pain saddle again.

The biggest mistake people make is not following the very specific forward/aft mounting position and ride sit location when trying an ISM..
I put an ISM Prologue saddle on my 2012 Colnago ACE after the Selle OEM saddle gave me so much pain that it was unbearable to ride more than a few miles. My bike fitter suggested the ISM but I was hesitant to try one because of the shape. He took the Prologue saddle off of one of his bikes and told me to go try it. It was love at first sit. The first ride on it was a 40 mile, blissful ride with no pain or irritation whatsoever. Been riding on an ISM ever since and won't look back. I have one on both road bikes.

You're also very correct in your statement about improper mounting and sitting position when trying ISM saddles. If they are mounted properly, they're awesome.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress