Old 10-31-17, 11:49 AM
dfull

Bikes: 2017 Felt VR40

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2
I told you riding outdoors was different from riding inside on a trainer. Headwinds, crosswinds, cold, heat, humidity, and rain can all challenge your motivation. I used to be strictly a fair weather rider, but I have extended my riding season to include rides in temps down to about 30 degrees. But I cannot go as far, or as fast as I can when the temp is 65 or 70 degrees. And the further into fall we get, the fewer opportunities I have to ride with shorter days and more days that are either very cold, raining, or snowing. That is life. When the weather gets bad, I head inside for my workouts. But even in cold and snowy Wisconsin, I can usually ride regularly through Thanksgiving, and sporadically after that until things start to warm up in March or April.

Wind is tough as it will challenge you physically and mentally.
Yes you did. I've come to grips with the wind just by living here all my life. The cold air will get easier to take the more I'm in it. Luckily, around here we have mild winters. A lot of the afternoons will be very pleasant thru most of the winter.