Old 09-23-18, 07:59 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
The most important equipment on your bike for personal comfort, should be the points where the bike connects to the rider; handlebar, seat and pedals.

Form follows function, just because some equipment doesn't look like what's been used for ages, doesn't mean that they cannot function better than the age-old designs.

The first time I saw these handlebars few months ago, my initially thought the curves on the handle bar were ugly, too; but I thought about what function they might serve on the bike and $47 for carbon fiber handlebar just to try them out for myself.

I put them on my Chinese carbon aero bike for experiment, since the designated stem that comes with the frame puts the handlebar mounting location at a lower place than my other bikes.

Speaking from actual riding experience with these Toseek carbon handlebars, they are extremely comfortable if you ride on bar top most of the time.
Bar top have large section of flat area to support your palms.

The curves on the bar top not only allow the lower stem & handlebar mounting location, but actually conforms to your palm/thumb curvature; which allow better control without the need to put your thumbs under/around the bar top.

Sure the Chinese copies are not as solid as others, but I weigh less than 170 lb. and I'm not sprinting among cat 3 racers week after week, no need for super stiff handlebars, I welcome the flexibility over long distance for comfort.