View Single Post
Old 04-30-19, 08:13 AM
skou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I used to live in the Netherlands and the UK. Yeah it rains so get a bike with space for fenders.

Sometimes you have to give up on a bike because the seller wants a crazy price for it. This may be one of those times.

But it's OK to pay a bit more for a bike if it is clean, you like it, and it does the job. Also I have no idea what used bike prices are in DK but I they have to be higher than where I live which is a mid sized city in the midwest. That's a $150- $200 bike in my city (and $200 is pushing it) but the jump from $200 to $270 may not be too nutty.

Also the paint job looks to be quite good and that is worth something. Vitus 172 (which I assume is only the main frame) is good stuff and MBKs make nice bikes.

Does the Bianchi have room for fenders (and eyelets)? The Bianchi may be "better" in the abstract but perhaps not as good for your purposes which is a commuter bike.
So you know what I'm talking about I guess haha. Well I expect higher prices here as Copenhagen really is a city made for bikes. I do think it looks decent, at I might try to push seller just a tad, has been on for a while as mentioned so he might want to give it up.

I've never ridden a bike with those downtube levers(?), but kinda like the look of it as it seems a little oldschool. Will it be impractical on a daily basis?

I guess you can tell more than I can, it is this one https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...y-bianchi.html I'm talking about :-).