Old 04-30-19, 11:20 PM
carlos danger

Bikes: steel is real. and so is Ti...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Notso_fastLane
Looking through the Schwalbe catalogue (thanks @acidfast7), I assume that the tires with the greenguard layer are all the same technology (for the greengaurd). Obviously, the tread, possibly sidewall, and other features will vary.

I just noticed that my rear really needs replacing, and I'm probably going to go ahead and swap the front out as well. I love the contis I have on there now, but I've been getting a lot of flats around here (and I run tire liners), so I'm looking for a decent compromise between the near slicks I've got, and the pluses that just seem heavy.

I'm leaning towards the Conti Top Contacts, if only because I'm sure they come in the sizes I need (I ride recumbent with a 32-559 on the rear and a 32-406 on the front).
"Best" tires in the general purpose category imo is the schwalbe marathon supreme. they last longer than gp4k's but both are very very puncture proof. Both use the best rubber possible and then some kind of vectran/kevlar weave. The contis are usually the best from 28mm and below and the supremes 32 and above.

a 32 supreme will be 2mm bigger on rim. and a 25mm gp4k will be 27-28 usually on rim. this is pretty much the best **** both makers make allover.

Last edited by cb400bill; 05-01-19 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Stop changing the spelling of censored words.
Likes For carlos danger: