Old 05-09-19, 10:26 PM
BirdsBikeBinocs

Bikes: Giant Talon 29 - Specialized Diverge E5 Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by daoswald
It may be an acceptable trade-off for you but a bike rack that touches the frame will, given enough miles, cause abrasion signs on the frame's paint / clear-coat / whatever.

When it is fender season, my bikes don't go on racks, or I remove the fenders, or I use QR fork racks.

That rack looks pretty convenient, but for people who don't want the rack coming in contact with painted surfaces or carbon tubes it isn't going to work. Congrats on finding something you like for your purposes, though. Everyone has different needs. For my popup trailer I have four of the cheapest fork-mount racks I could find. There's nothing nice about them except that they just work, and don't touch the paint job. For car-top I have a FrontLoader. I do have a hitch-mount rack that the bikes hang on by their top tubes. I never use it for my bikes. It's great for the kids' bikes that they outgrow every couple of years anyway.
I'm not concerned. Not at all. Fantastic bike rack. Nay sayers can go pound sand. There is less than a quarter of an inch of rack "material" touching the frame of the bikes. Oh my, what a mistake I have made. Oh God, what do I do now.?? I just shake my head.... Some people have all the fun and I never do. Oh God, my Specialized is going to be nuked by that stupid bike rack I bought.

I pay very little attention to blemishes. Scratches. Dents. Heck, I even drape a leather strap over my acoustic guitar. It's made of wood. Oh God, my guitar is getting nuked by a leather strap. Oh God..... Heaven Help The Fool....