Old 05-22-19, 11:36 PM
Kimmo

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 510 Posts
They're the comfiest bars I've ever used, most of which is down to the shape, which is completely awesome. Where they really shine is when you go the phantom aero bar - the tops are heaps comfy under your forearms, and the corner humps make the position actually feel fairly safe for once. The flex also soaks up vibration and big hits nicely when on the hoods or drops.

As for safety, of course $40 carbon bars are a gamble, but you don't have to bet your teeth, just the purchase price. Simply try to break them before fitting to the bike. You'll hear a few fibres break, testament to the fact the factory doesn't test them, but the three pairs I bought all passed the destruction test. Thus I have full confidence in them; with DIY QC, you might break the occasional bar, but having to order another one is NBD; they're still cheap at twice the price, assuming you couldn't get a refund.

At the very least, it's not a bad way of trying out the shape, if you'd be prepared to spend a few hundred on the real deal if it grabs you.

Last edited by Kimmo; 05-22-19 at 11:40 PM.