View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 02:26 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I've done more than a couple rides since my last post. It seems the computer module on my bike seems to on occasion, "blink out" momentarily. When this happens usually I just notice that the battery assist has stopped. Quick press of the mode button and usually I'm fine after that. Most of the time this happens at the start of the ride. Since last week I've no other major problems with the bike module failing to boot.

As to the periodic, "blink-out" issue; This might be happening because I'm starting off in too high a gear. If that's so then perhaps it's part of a protection circuit that is protecting the motor from taking too heavy of an initial current surge. Still, if it happens it is usually only during the start of a ride. I can deal with that as long as it isn't happening every couple minutes. Maybe I just have to make sure I'm in a low gear when I start from a dead stop.

Memorial Day I was fortunate enough to get a rather nice ride in during the day. ( finally...a day without threat of rain ). I'm getting braver and taking longer rides. Hoping this Saturday turns out to be a nice day. Last couple days have been very warm, particularly considering it only May. Getting use to the heat helps. Looking forward to taking the bike on a short day road trip as long as it isn't too hot. June in Maryland has tended to not be real hot the last few years. Hopefully this will continue. Damn if we don't see a good amount of rain though. Which reminds me...I still need to buy some more rain gear.

,,,and speaking of rain. Just the other night I had a rather nice road ride going and once again as I'm almost home it starts to rain. Had me momentarily freaked because my rain gear was home and no rain was in the area when I left. As I'm climbing up a long moderate hill I fumbled with the weather app on my phone to view the local radar. What I saw had me smiling. Seems I was just happening to be riding through the smallest cell I've ever seen on a radar screen. After riding another quarter mile I rode out of it. Just a mild sprinkle on a warm night. Turned out to be refreshing and nothing to worry about. Funny but as I'm finishing this post my song list is playing CCR's "Who'll stop the rain".....

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 05-31-19 at 02:30 AM.