View Single Post
Old 03-15-09, 05:33 PM
doublesp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the help jamawani - when I get to this part I'll be sure to heed your advice. Do you mind if I contact you in the future if I encounter any other troublesome spots? As for your question of why I'll be biking to California...well, that's a good question. I recently graduated from the University of Florida and wanted to give myself some time before looking into grad. schools. I wanted to take this time to travel and visit my friends in the U.S., as well as to experience the people and places that comprise this country that I want to dedicate myself to improving. But, I don't own a car, and flying around the country didn't seem logical from an economical or environmental standpoint. Gainesville has a great bike scene that has heavily influenced me over the years I've been here, so, I decided that a bike trip would be the wisest and most enriching way to go about it. I leave at the end of March knowing that I have no idea what's in store regardless of how much I plan...and I can't wait.