View Single Post
Old 05-30-17, 03:06 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Pics will help explain your dilemma a lot.

The purpose of the rules are to prevent the "superman" and "praying mantis" positions.

Have you considered adding clip-on arm pads to normal sprint bars (Nitto B123 or Easton EC90)? It's wonky, but it may actually give you want you are looking for. I've seen this setup several times and even did it myself for a while.

Also, you may want to get on a fit bike at a bike shop and explore with the variable top tube lengths to achieve the position you want. In short, your current top tube may be too short or long to get you the position you want. Paying $100 or so for an hour with the tech tinkering around with the top tube length (not a full on bike fitting session) may be worth it.

Also, when in doubt: As a starting point, mimic the riding position of elites who are your size. There are plenty of photos of 6ft tall powerlifting kilo guys out there for you to use as inspiration.

Basically, the road you are headed down is well-traveled by people very much like yourself. I'm not saying that you have to do it the way it's been done before (if everyone did that, there would be no innovation). My point is that you don't have to reinvent the wheel if you don't want to