Old 01-01-20, 01:35 PM
SamSpade1941 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
Maybe

The bike shop business is fickle at best, many hamstring themselves by trying to cover an already too small niche within a niche. Some do it well, some get lucky and some find their groove for awhile only to fail anyway and yes many are doomed from the start. We are lucky to have many that help us along despite their misguided intentions and lack of business acumen.

Agree to disagree, skyrocketing rent and overdevelopment equates to mostly to greed at the end of the day.
Someone else opined earlier that Portland is not very business friendly ( that has been my observation of Oregon in general ) . I have witnessed the same events on a lesser scale here in Salem.

Skyrocketing rents point to a lack of property development not too much development . My experience in Oregon to date is that on a statewide level property development is generally discouraged EXCEPT in certain ways by certain people who insist on property zoning at every level of the state, county and city, speaking as someone coming from a state where there is significantly less regulation on property development , rents are substantially cheaper because there is more availability. The market forces of supply and demand are working exactly as they should based on what I can see.