Old 02-20-18, 04:51 AM
raria

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
To things

Firstly, you can't ride the bike off the trainer if you do this. Your comprising the structural integrity of the frame. Secondly, you kill the resale value (Customer: 'What's that dot I see there' ... Reminds me of that famous Seinfeld episode about the sweater and the red dot).

Originally Posted by scorpiox
I bought an used 2014 Ridley aluminum frame road bike to use as my indoor trainer bike, it has external rear brake cable and internal shift cables, none of these mean much to me until I have to mount the bike at the repair stand, since the bike frame is a bit bigger than I normally ride, I end up having to clamp the bike at the top tube because there is not enough seat post left.

The rear brake cable keeps getting pulled enough that it will cause the brake to drag or even lock up, I want to drill 2 holes in the top tube so I can run a new cable housing from brake lever to brake caliper, can't find much info online so I thought this may be a good source

I already contact Ridley bikes twice and my first respond was " we don't recommend drilling into carbon fiber frame " I submitted the same question again and this time I didn't get any reply

Any input will be greatly appreciated, it looks like a simply job but I worry it may compromise the structure integrity of the frame by drilling holes into the top tube