View Single Post
Old 12-24-19, 03:15 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3465 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
Coupled bikes - I am happy that I got S&S couplings on my expedition bike. And now that airlines are waiving the oversize fee for bikes, I am happy that I traveled enough with it to cover the cost savings for the couplers and the S&S Backpack case before the airlines dropped those fees, it would take longer now to recover those costs.

Regarding folding racks, the Racktime Foldit rack is pretty easy to collapse but it takes a lot of little screws, so it would just add more time. Comes in two versions, the adjustable one collapses even smaller than the other. And is reasonably light.
https://www.racktime.com/en/racktime...it-adjustable/

I always have my luggage scale when flying. I do not want to be trying to dig stuff out of a checked bag when it is on the scale at the ticketing agent desk. A luggage scale is the travelers best friend.

Originally Posted by unterhausen
Can't believe anyone would cite a veluminati rule in this forum unironically. I have come to the conclusion that those guys were trying to get people to do stupid things, like ride a long distance with over-filled jersey pockets. I recently saw a video of a pro road cyclist with a giant bikepacking seat bag. I thought I saw something where the original authors expressed regret over ever publishing them.
Apparently my subtle attempt at humor was not taken as intended, oops.