Old 08-07-20, 12:24 AM
Norz80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogsarg
Choosing a lock is really based on when/where you plan to leave the bike. Lightweight and effective don't go together when it comes to locks. I have a lightweight hiplock that is a total joke as far as protection goes but the only time I use it is if I have to run into a store for a second or use a bathroom so not for more than 1-2 minutes. I'm not willing to carry around a boat anchor for that so I accept the risk.

No opinion on the triangle bag.

If you ride in traffic in daylight, I recommend getting good lights to be seen. Cyglolite hotshot pro 150, 200, and the bontrager flare RT are all great daytime tallights IMO. I have a cyglolite Dash 460 headlight that I like but I have minimal experience with headlights. I like that it has a bright flash mode and the battery lasts a long time. If you want to spend less money, check out the best headlights and best tailights threads in the sticky section.

I would suggest starting with platform pedals. If you decide you want something different later on, do some research on SPD and the shoes you'll need to go with them.

You didn't mention it, but definitely put together a kit that allows you to fix a flat on the road and make sure you know how to use it. The exact tools and bits will depend on your bike and whether you have tube or tubeless tires. Talk to the shop where you got the bike if you don't know what you need.

Enjoy the new bike!
That's very helpful, thank you ! Regarding the lock, it'll never be outside at night. But often enough in populated city areas for a couple hours at a time during the day. Nowhere with tons of crime etc, but still need something solid enough so someone with some tools and a van can't easily snap it in a min.

Originally Posted by Miele Man
OP, what area are you located in?

Cheers
Geneva, Switzerland