Old 08-29-11, 10:31 AM
gna
Count Orlok Member

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, Raleigh Twenty, Raleigh Wyoming, Raleigh DL1, Schwinn Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by JaclynMcKewan
It breaks my heart because I wanted this bike so badly, and I have not yet seen any bike that has all those features yet lighter in weight: dynamo lights, fenders, mudflaps, internal hub gear, full chain case, upright positioning, front & rear rack. It has everything I want except for being painful to ride.
The Breezer Uptown looks pretty close: http://www.breezerbikes.com/index.ph...es/66-uptown-8
They make some other models, too.

My plan now is to put fenders & lights on my cruiser to make it more suitable for riding in the rain, and then just ride it MWF, working my way up to every day eventually. At that point, I may do a day with the Oma once a week and see if it's possible to work my way up to doing more. I'm just getting very antsy at not being able to ride to work, so I think this is the best solution for now. Hopefully by spring, if the Oma still hasn't worked out, I will be able to sell it (even at a loss). Then I'll decide if my cruiser is working okay as my commuter bike or if I want to get something else.
Sounds like a good plan. Sorry the Oma didn't work for you.