View Single Post
Old 08-26-20, 02:47 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by zen_
The only conversion I would consider doing now would be a really, really nice Trek 750 with a lugged, made in USA frame, and no expense spared on the parts to keep the weight down, the fit as good as possible, and the brakes as good as you can get from rim.
This one was done for my GF last year. This is a dated pic. The saddle has been changed to a Cobb V-Flow, and a new set of wheels are now on it. She runs Gravelking 700x38 slicks..I set it up at about 60psi in the tires...she's lightly built. She LOVES the bike...she says it's fast("It pedals SO easy") and has a very cushy ride. It's a 1991 750 I got for $100 in near new condition. It was re-worked with Claris 3x8. Drivetrain works very smoothly. OEM caliper brakes with koolstop pads stop on a dime.

This is her all-rounder bike for occasional day rides, gravel, and touring. We've toured with it..she rides with about 30# of gear in a 4 pannier setup and says it handles great...it appears to as she keeps a healthy pace on it. We're setting up another week-long tour now.

Likes For fishboat: