Old 04-12-21, 11:19 PM
Illgot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
Have you actually ripped pants on these while walking/carrying the bike?

I have several bikes with pinned pedals, and this has never happened to me wearing anything from tights to lightweight nylon pants to jeans.

I could see ripping a pair of tights or thin pants if I fell off the pedals and scraped my leg against the pins, but this only ever happens when I am doing serious mountain biking, never with something like gravel riding.

maybe try less aggressive pins?
I have sliced my leg open once when trying to walk through the doorway and the pedal got caught turned and hit my leg. I have snagged my jeans but was able to work the threads they pulled through again without ripping, but one day I know I'll flat out rip the jeans.

There are times when the elevators go down in my building and I have to hoof it up 7 flights of stairs and I have snagged myself while walking the stairs as well.

Was hoping to find something that is a light weight with breathable material (maybe with side panels or a zipper for air) that doesn't snag and rip easily to protect my legs mainly from carrying my bike around. I don't think I have snagged my legs while pedaling.

Last edited by Illgot; 04-12-21 at 11:27 PM.