Old 10-09-17, 01:31 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
Sorry to disappoint

We're just borderline animal hoarders - 3 cats and a 120 pound dog that is still growing. So, there are plenty of messes to clean up - especially when it's wet and the dog creates mud to bring indoors.
Keeping animals outside could save you a lot of those messes, not to mention a lot of toilet paper and kitty litter, but I'm sure you would find it cruel and lonely to banish your pets outside the house. If I remember correctly, you've posted about cold winters, so probably outdoor pet quarters wouldn't be doable. I don't know what I'd do with all those animals depending on me, let alone living in the house. I had a cat and a fish for years waiting for them to die so I could travel without finding a pet-sitter. It was funnily torturous because I really loved them too much to actually want them to die prematurely, but I sort of regretted having acquired them in the first place, so it ended up being convenient when they finally did go. Needless to say, I limit myself to enjoying wild animals now, which are wonderfully good at living independently from the natural resources of the surroundings.