Old 05-03-19, 07:30 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by verktyg
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it's TOO EASY to hit the wrong keys and all of my post is LOST!

It used to be that the post was saved as I typed and if I got blown out of the thread, I could come back in and there was a button at the right hand bottom of the window that said something like "Restore Previous Text".

I have big, clumsy fingers and I've lost several hours of writing since the software has changed.

Maybe there is something I'm missing?

verktyg
Originally Posted by Flatballer
This has now happened 2/3 times for me.

On mobile, if you tab away while writing a post and then come back, it wipes your comment completely and you have to start over.

Samsung S9, Chrome 73.0.3683.90
Originally Posted by verktyg
I posted muy message in the C&V forum for 2 reasons:

1. To get a moderator's attention concerning a problem. I was not able to find a link to send a message to "the moderators".

2. So that other members with the same problem could chime in and let the moderators know that there is a problem. I imagine that most forum members aren't aware of the "Forum Suggestions and User Assistance and the Software Update thread". I certainly wasn't.

I learned binary at age 7 in 1951 and I had backdoor access to CMU's IBM 360 mainframe in the late 60's so I'm not a digital newbie.

Accidentally hitting the wrong keys blows me out of the message and all of my work is gone! It happened to me last night and the night before.

Regards

Chas. "verktyg"
Originally Posted by stardognine
This. Also, don't go assuming you can just go back & edit any small errors. The text gets lost, because the photo looks gigantic, when you hit the edit page.
And don't tell us where to complain "properly", lol. 😉
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
Me too, it's very irritating. It happens mainly when posting photos, and trying to go back to the text area. The auto save used to be a way to get back. Seems to be broken now. Isn't there a better place for "happy" users to comment on software "upgrades"? 😉
I will check into this with tech and see what is happening and give an update.

@verktyg if you post something in the wrong place, a moderator will move it to the correct place. Rest assured, our mod team sees everything and is extremely diligent. Other members can chime in here instead of on a thread that has no relevance with a tech issue that someone is experiencing. It is just like the other threads-- you find the thread you are looking for and post in there.