3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
One thing I discovered is when I am short on time, I would sometimes skip a workout ride but if I use the motor I can still get that ride in as it is much faster. Also, physically or mentally if I'm not feeling up to a ride I still might go out with the motor because it's a "backup". Every time I get started riding I end up working hard and being happy I did it; it's just getting going that sometimes is a bit of a barrier.
...no offense, but welcome to the world of exercise. Everyone has the same problems, because it never gets easier. You just get used to breathing hard and sweating, and maybe you get to look forward to the endorphin rush. But it always requires some self discipline to exercise regularly.

If you need an e-bike to encourage you to exercise, and you feel like the faster ride is somehow "helping" you in that process, there's a strong possibility you have a basic misunderstanding of how exercise works in the human physiological process. I'm happy you're getting out, and I guess if you feel like that's the best you can do, it beats nothing. At least you're outside.