burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by fly135
How I choose to mix exercise and fun is not debatable in the least. It's my personal choice and people who would judge that are simply attempting to satisfy an insecurity about their need to feel superior in some way. The obvious answer to the thread topic is "it depends on how you would use each". But somehow it got transformed into whether the method of choice is legitimate.
I love how you cut the quote off at a convenient spot to be able to get offended about something that's not even offensive.

Right after that is: "I feel like the math works out to favor it if you're in a situation of all or nothing. If you'd ride a manual bike anyway, it won't work out. If you'd take a pass on the manual bike altogether, then obviously it works out."

You did include an important part I said: "depending on the scenario". But then chose to ignore it completely to get offended.

I then presented the scenario on which it would depend, utilizing the e-bike primary in full assist like a moto:

"What I see more of around here is folks treating it like a moped on the greenway. Not die hard commuters taking on a longer bike commute due to their new e-bike.

I see a lot more "moped" usage than I see commuter usage, and I live in an area you'd expect to see more commuter usage of e-bikes given the hills in town.

Shoot, I see kids these days walking their dogs while riding one of those electric balance board things. So damn lazy."

So, I clearly did not say that someone using an e-bike for exercise is lazy. I'm debating the math presented in studies when I said "I feel like the math works out".

I think you're searching for a reason to be offended about being an e-bike user instead of bothering to objectively look at the data and how surveys are conducted. Nothing about debating the data or survey methods is in the least bit offensive.