TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
In two weeks I’m having a colonoscopy and endoscopy to try and find the root cause of my recently diagnosed iron deficiency anemia, and am crossing my fingers that it’s not colorectal cancer, which would require chemotherapy that suppresses my immune system. This would make me more vulnerable to this virus, and potentially leave me either ill or cause death.
So, I got a call today from the doctor doing the procedures telling me that they have been cancelled due to the Covid-19 crisis, and will be posponed until the coast is clear. He said that even cancer surgeries are being cancelled, so even if they found something, it wouldn’t matter. Fortunately, my iron deficiency anemia symptoms have subsided since I began taking supplements, so I’m hopeful that my underlying condition is not serious or malignant. Things are getting real tight around here, and hardly anyone is leaving their homes. Even the grocery stores are nearly empty. Yesterday, I went to the post office to mail my income tax return, and the masked postal clerk barked at me because I failed to stand behind a strip of red tape on the floor to keep me at a six foot distance from him. The checkout clerk at the Central Market grocery store refused to touch my cloth grocery bags, so I had to bag my own groceries. People walk around looking like robots hardly ever saying a word or smiling. It’s depressing.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me