Thread: 65-85+ Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-20, 05:23 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcer
So the local Albertson's decided to offer "seniors only" hours from 7 to 90 AM Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I headed over there this morning only to be told to come back "when you're old enough" by the ring nosed, green haired (and apparently empty headed) millennial collecting grocery carts in the parking lot. I was born is '48. Was tempted to tell him "do the math", but I have my doubts about his cognitive capabilities.
My wife looks younger than her approaching 70th B-day. I look MUCH OLDER than my 70th B-day. MAYBE to that ring nosed, green haired (and apparently empty headed) millennial you don't look your age.

Originally Posted by Ballenxj
That will be a problem in today's society.
"Same as it ever was"

Originally Posted by philbob57
I used senior hours once in my local Jewel-Osco, owned, I believe, by Albertson's. I've never seen it as crowded. Mid-mornings seem to have only a few shoppers.
Same here at Walmart with 90+% without masks. Had a 46 mile ride yesterday plus grocery grabbing bike rides wearing mask.