View Single Post
Old 08-07-13, 05:01 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Okay, about all this..^. I think I get it. Took a look at the RWGPS site again and noticed that they explain things a little better now, including some new information as well.

When I said I was running GPX routes I was wrong about that. ( Sorry, my bad ) I've been using GPX tracks all along. I know that because the RWGPS site recommended that type of file when using the 705. That's why when I use the Garmin 705 I get full written cues ( road names not just arrows ). At some point I might try adding some custom cues and try downloading a route as a TCX file. I can live without the road names as long as I still get a prompt.

I've only used the 705 a couple times. Pretty much I'm happy just using the Cue Sheet app on the Android, not to mention the Android screen is much nicer to look at if you have any location issues ( and is much easier to work with ).

Anyway, I was just curious as to how the etrex-20 worked with RWGPS ( since they make no mention of compatibility with that model on the website ). If the etrex-20 gives simple prompts while using a GPX track file and works with RWGPS like the other Garmins than that is quite interesting.