gattm99
Rouleur

Bikes: ROAD MOUNTAIN

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Need advice for my wife

My wife got serious about her health around 2009-2011 she lost 100 pounds. She exercised all the time, and did lots of rides with me, we even did a couple of cycling vacations. in 2012 A combination of health and personal problems caused her to stop the healthy lifestyle. Things just got worse and she gained very bit of the weight back. Since then she's had carpal tunnel surgery, foot surgery, knee issues, and massive back problems.

I feel like she is on a medical industry treadmill, I don't need to go into more detail. Sometimes I feel like people like her are taken advantage of in the American medical system.

Last year I put together an e-bike for my wife as an attempt to get her to ride more. It worked some but summer of last year she had the foot issues and surgery and stopped.

The problem seems to be that every time we try some kind of physical activity the result is days of pain and misery. For example, Last week I talked into doing a pilates workout with me, seemed to go well, the next night we did a light stretching workout. Two days later she thinks she's going to need knee surgery and her knee is popping constantly.

So my question! She's at a loss of what to do, she's thinking of looking into medical weight loss and I don't know what to tell her. She claims that she's stuck in a feedback loop. Exercise = pain = depression = food = weight = excercise to infinity.