Old 07-06-19, 05:28 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
But not overgluing leads to worse rolling resistance. And if that's the case, it's probably better to just stick with a fast clincher or tubeless setup.
Me thinks you need me to glue you up some race wheels - or borrow juniors. Center glue does nothing but adds weight and makes a mess if the sides are glued well.

Side are not often over glued.

I have seen some super smooth roads where I can see that advantage is a well seated tubeless or clincher. Just that I don't see many.

Junior can race on an <800g set, under 1,400g tires, cassette and skewers that have the air and resilience of any 25mm tubeless.

A 50mm profile with FMB silks 25mm are ~300g more and they stick like nothing else.

My tandem front is over 28mm wide, DT 240 hub, 970g glued, with skewer. It has air under it like a 32mm clincher.

You often point out the talent card junior has that I don't play, there is an equipment advantage too. He's riding wheels that are 30% lighter than what anyone else has and ride better.

I have both/many. The 25mm clincher is less supple than a 23 tubular and much heavier. That 23 ax @550g will take a hit few 25-30mm clinchers will.

Clincher