Old 07-14-19, 04:43 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Excellent Manny66 and Gugie!! I know we have a bunch of folks already signed up in the early bird registration so I suspect they'll be along shortly.

As for me:

1. First name, Last name, CR or BF name, email address (optional), phone number (optional), City, State. If you already gave me your email or phone previously, state “sent prev” And I’ll pull from last year’s info.
Bart Y., mech986, Orange County, CA.

2. Route (35 Piedras Blancas (PB), 75 Santa Lucia (SL), 82 La Villa Dello Scalatore (LVDS), 110 Heroic (H) ).
Most likely Santa Lucia and goal is to cut 1 hour off my 2019 time. However, if I really train well, may do the LVDS Coastal

3. Primary Riding Bike - year, Make, Model. Color (optional). Additional Bikes for Display (DIS) or Concours (CC).
Either my brown original 72 Italvega Super Special, a Blue 72 Italvega Super Special with a different gearing/tire/wheel setup, or either a 74-76 mist green or Pearl White later Italvega Super Special or Superlight respectively depending on how they build and ride out.

3A. New info request this year - F/R gearing (Ex. 52/42/26 - 14-32 5 speed), Tires and sizes (ex. - Compass Bon Jon Pass EL 700Cx35), How good a climber are you - (Exc, Good, Fair, Poor, Flats only!)
For now, the same 52/42/28 - 14-30 5 speed Campy Triple drivetrain with the Compass Bon Jon Pass EL 700Cx35 clinchers, have been very reliable and comfortable. Currently a poor to fair climber, hope to get incrementally better over the next 6 months.

4. Planned dates of arrival and departure and Where you be staying? If you need help with or wish to share accommodations, please state what you are looking for - room, house, camping, and which local town (Cambria, Cayucos, San Simeon, Paso/Templeton or SLO.). We can use this thread or start another thread to assist with matching up folks and needs.
Arriving Thursday April 2 and staying through April 9, 2020 - making a week of it so family can continue exploring Cambria and the California Central Coast. Staying at the same Cambria VRBO property handicap accessible home we used last year.

5. Any additional activities - Volunteering, Swap vendor, Display, concours, judging, pre-race rides, Friday BBQ or Saturday Eroica Cena dinner, etc.
Hope to be able to provide some volunteering time, being a buyer at the swap (wife will love that!), and have reservations for the Saturday Eroica Cena dinner. Might consider the BBQ as well if there's room. No concours or display bikes this year but willing to help set up. Pre-race rides optional.

How's about you??