Old 08-06-19, 01:14 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
I'm personally fascinated that so many people have such a high number of bicycles that they think they'll keep for years to come. I must ask, of those with five or more bikes on their list, how many of those bikes have already been owned for more than at least a couple of years? How do you decide something is a "keeper" if it's a relatively new acquisition, or if you're still adding to your collection?
I've had the gold Colnago and the Alpina since 1994. The orange Super was restored and then built up in 2005. The orange Davidson was built for me in 2002 and I updated with 8-speed in 2011. The small, unpainted Colnago Super was acquired frame/fork-only in 2012 and since it's too small for me (and it's more of a kinetic-art installation) it's not going anywhere soon. The Medici and Casati were both picked up over the last couple years: the Medici has turned into one of my most favorite riders, and the Casati as well - in fact, I ride it to school when it's not raining. The Sparrow was acquired in late 2010 and is my "divorce bike", so it also has a lot of sentimental value to me

The newest addition, granted, was only purchased a week or so ago, but it was my grail bike, so I expect a long and enjoyable relationship with that one for years and years and years.

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 08-06-19 at 01:29 PM.