View Single Post
Old 08-06-19, 10:32 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1550 Post(s)
Liked 1,998 Times in 981 Posts
I may be a tornado of (always gratefully) nice bikes/frames/components, but my two iron-clad keepers are my 1974 Schwinn Paramount P15-9 and my 1987 Schwinn Prologue

The Paramount was a rescue. Found beaten up and broken, bought, had repaired, repainted (myself), and through a number of different configurations, is now in her best form. Truly my Queen of the Fleet. All The Pretty Parts are on her, and she is built to conquer great distances in style and supreme comfort. Her frame has always been 'strong' feeling, and with a stiffer, more performance-oriented wheelset, her out-of-the-saddle movements are a lot closer to race bike than out-and-out touring bike. Downtube shifters would be more than fitting, but for effortless, butter-smooth shifting convenience, it doesn't get any better than a 3x10 7800 Dura-Ace setup.

The Prologue earns her keeper status not only because of the initial efforts of @Clang and @camelopardalis but also because of her superb ride, handling, and feel--to say nothing of her beauty and rarity. The Ultegra 6770-era Di2 shifting and other components make her the best she's ever been. Truly a comfortable, fast, yet accessible and familiar bike to ride at any speed.

Last edited by RiddleOfSteel; 08-06-19 at 10:36 PM.