burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
I'm 7 lbs off my goal; but really its going to be where I end up at 5-6% bodyfat and I think that's 138. I'm hoping to hit that next month and if my FTP stays the same, that puts me at 4.6 w/kg. Next few months there are some races with elevation so I really need to start putting in big miles on climbs.
I've not done this song and dance long enough to have gotten to a point yet to worry about it........but have you done any kind of strategy like "build power then lose weight and hold power"? As a cycle?

I comfortably bounce around in the 150's, comfortably meaning I can pretty much eat/snack/drink as I please.

It feels like I should get to my power limitations first, then tweek the weight. I'm still a little time off from reaching an hours per week versus power plateau.

It's coming, but likely still a year plus out there. It's simply not mountainous enough here for me to bother yet.

If I plateau on power in another year, I may target a "segment time" fondo and drop some weight to go for the age grouper podium.

Just curious your strategy over time as you seem to have been in the game longer.
Likes For burnthesheep: