View Single Post
Old 06-10-20, 05:04 AM
toavii

Bikes: 1989 Tommasini Super Prestige, 1985 Chris Kvale, 1977 Colnago Super, 1992 Serotta Colorado, 1984 Schwinn Cimarron

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gomango
Fun project.

Tire choice can be tricky. I usually used either Town and Countrys, Fat Franks (Performance) or Marathon Supremes on our MB-1s.

All of these are fine for our Class 5 trails and roads. All have black side walls.

If you are going to cruise around the local parks and trails any of these will work great.

None of them are as blingy as the Rene Hearse tires, but you might be surprised at their performance.

If you are going off road, I'm a big fan of Ardents and Aspens. That's what I run on my Yeti SB5.

Tenacious grip depending on conditions here on the Twin Cities' trails, I can't imagine they would let you down.

btw One of our MB1s would fit up to 26x2.4s. Nice when you head down to the river bottoms.

Keep the pics coming, as it's an awesome project.
I think I’ll end up going with RTP in a black wall. I’m going to build up the bike with tires and pedals the last thing I purchase to see what I want to do when I see it mostly complete.

RTP may look a little strange on it given the overall direction but this will see mostly gravel/road instead of single track and I want it to ride a certain way in that setting.
Likes For toavii: