View Single Post
Old 09-30-10, 02:27 PM
ratdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uwlanders
I just bought a bike of Craigslist and after checking the registry I know it's stolen. I've contacted the owner and called the police - and am waiting for things to progress. I doubt that the police will be able to get anything on the people I bought it from (They'll just talk some crap about how they bought it and didn't steal it). So, basically I want to do the right thing - and return the bike. But I'm the one getting screwed here. The thieves will be up $400, and I'll likely get $100 back or so from the owner. Hopefully the karma is worth $300. I wouldn't mind it so much if I weren't in grad school with a lack of money. Hopefully the karma is worth $300. I guess I'd appreciate your thoughts on the situation.
Even if the say they just bought it from someone else, wouldn't you be able to get your money back since they were not entitle to sell it to begin with? They would have to be dumb enough to admit they sold it to you. If they didn't the cops will go after them as if they were the thieves. IMO, you need to go through with this.