Always carry a camera...

Bikes: Lemond Sarthe (Orange Dreamcycle) A "Fred-ette"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pgoat
I used to teach....and I will!

seriously thought teaching can be really rewarding. It had better be, cause despite what everyone thinks it is not an easy job. Easy to become a teacher? yeah, maybe. Easy to be a great teacher? no way! Only the ones who go the extra mile and then some are the ones you remember and who make a difference in people's lives.....hence the reward.

If anyone is even thinking about teaching, I say try it. even if you don't like it it it's a fascinating trip!
Easy to become a teacher? Not here in Washington! Last quarter I had 5 classes and they were 3 hours each night and a ton of homework every night and all weekend. I was working at my regular job and teaching at the elementary school science club on Fridays. By the time I went to bed, my husband was getting up to go to work! Oh, and wait, then there is my daughter who needs parenting! This summer I have 4 classes and they are 5 hours long, 2 days a week - that way they can cram in 12 weeks of education and work into 8 weeks. Yikes!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining!

Anyway, when all is said a done, I'm looking forward to teaching math and science in middle school. Scary but very, very exciting and rewarding....

I can only hope to become as great of a teacher as those who have taught me.

(Life before career-changing: Biotech)