View Single Post
Old 02-23-15, 03:54 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I walked to work, about 8 miles. We had rain, sleet and snow last night. Things were pretty messy.

I got up at 3 am to prepare for being at work at 9am. I figured that with the rain and sleet freezing overnight that the streets would be a hilly ice rink. I walked the distance last week after 2" of sleet fell in 3 hours, I figured I'd better allow 4 this time. By the time I had to leave for work at 5am to, walk there on time on icy roads, the bus company still had not announced their plans. I don't have studded tires for my bike, so I figured that tackling the icy streets on foot was the best plan.

It was slick in the apartment driveway, but when I got to the street I got a surprise. The asphalt was clean and dry. In the whole trip there were only a few icy spots. I could have pedaled. I was angry at myself.

Halfway to work I got passed by the bus, it wasn't on a snow route, so I could have taken it. If I only had known.

Coming home though was more predictable. They had said that it would snow starting at 1 pm and it did. Since I knew that the buses were running I headed to the nearest bus stop. Happily, it's on a snow route and so is my apartment. After a cold 45 minute wait the bus came and lumbered to the Transit Center where the bus home was just about to leave for which I was very grateful.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 02-23-15 at 03:57 PM.