FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by Gresp15C
The "research" cited in the article is probably bunk, and the hypotheses seem interesting but could be anybody's guess. In my observation, endurance athletes make a very small percentage of any workers, white collar or otherwise. Time and money would seem like obvious factors. White collar workers are also healthier and have better access to health care if they get injured. Manual and repetitive labor takes a toll on people's bodies.
It's difficult to have the energy to do intense sports after a hard physical day at work, and it's difficult to have the energy to do a hard physical day at work after intense sports the day before.

One of the reasons I gave up soccer years ago was I would go to work the next day worn out or injured. Since my job required NOT sitting in an office, being worn out or injured really interfered with my work.

Sure was fun until it wasn't fun anymore. I guess that's why I like riding my bikes at my own pace whenever I want. The best thing that happened to me and riding is when my cheapo cycle computer died.