Old 05-06-19, 05:46 PM
PaulH

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
I would say this:

I see at least 4-5 ebikers on my commute every day. They are as numerous as bicyclers. They are all significantly younger than I, and none of them look to need any assist. And I have never heard anyone anywhere make the claim that someone who needs the assist should not have it. Never.

Rather than vilify people who wear kits and go faster, why not ask WHY the wear kits and go faster than everyone else? Maybe it is because what cycling means to them is pushing their body hard to go as fast as they can and working hard to see improvements in their speed. For someone like that, an ebike makes no sense.

It's back to my point. Their view depends about what cycling means to them. And what cycling means to them is as legitimate as anyone else's view.
I really like this. The people in funny clothing and the e-bikers are doing the same thing -- making choices that make them go faster. It's all about what cycling means to an individual. My experience with e-bikers is good -- like the roadies, they go fast. However, they are well-behaved. Cycling is a big tent with room for all.
Likes For PaulH: