View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 01:01 PM
justonwo

Bikes: 2020 Pinarello Dogma F12 Disc (Enve SES 3.4), 2021 S-Works Aethos (Roval Alpinist CLX II), 2024 Topstone Lab71 (Terra CLX II), 2006 Cervelo Soloist (10 speed Ultegra), 2021 S-Works Epic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 34 Posts
What do you guys think of AXS Red?

I just bought the 2020 Roubaix with the Red AXS 12 speed drive train. I'm loving the gearing, which gives me more low end range for climbing and one more high gear for fast descending. So far, the shifting is more or less flawless. This is my first non-Shimano drive train on a road bike. I would say the only downside of this groupset is the ergonomics on the shifters. They're bulky and not terribly friendly to small hands. More importantly, however, they've increased the size of the shifter paddles. Ordinarily, that would sound like a great idea. However, with the reach adjusted to my preference (pretty far in), my knuckles his the shift paddles when I'm in the drops. The only way to remedy that is to either file down the paddles (obviously, not desirable) or increase the reach (also not desirable). It almost seems like SRAM didn't bother to test the ergonomics with the reach adjusted in.

My Di2 Dura Ace groupset is much better from an ergonomics standpoint. Smaller hoods and none of the goofiness with the levers when in the drops.

Anyone else out there experience this? Or am I the only one who has pulled the reach in?