View Single Post
Old 02-01-05, 07:27 AM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Schumius
sometimes the more you worry, the less chance there will be that you really get out and do it. sometimes itīs better that you just go and see what happens. i mean sometimes.
If you are committed, the feeling in the pit of your stomach -- the first time -- as you leave the things that you think are important to you, is MAGNIFIED because of that worry.

C'mon, it's like losing your virginity. And depending on how far you go in pursuing your touring dream, the start of EVERY tour is like a new love.

Like... that first day on ANY tour is consumed with a feeling... which says I have gone, but what if I fail. Failure is a big part of that first day. Is the bike good? Am I fit enough? Have I the right gear? Will people laugh at me? Will I get to sleep?

Thoughts of failure erode to nothing as each day passes. It's that commitment and determination that count more than anything else.

And when you've done your first day/week/month... you're a cycling tourist forever. Trust me and everyone around here.