Old 05-20-11, 01:14 PM
LupinIII

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joker8baller
On the other hand, I've seen plenty of riders ride the Chinese made carbon frames. I've seen road & track, and not a problem. Very similar designs to the higher-end companies leading me to believe they're selling one's that were blemished and/or using the same tech & mold. If you haven't ridden one or know someone whose ridden one, don't bash it because it's from China. I hope you do realize that many carbon frames & wheels are OEM from China.
a lot of the more expensive carbon is coming from taiwan though. and it's pretty well known that these are made from open molds similar to well known bikes, they are NOT pinarellos and kuotas that were blemished or made after hours. the molds are made to look similar to lead people to think that they could be blemished or factory seconds.

I wouldn't buy one personally. some people get a great example, others get a noodly piece of garbage. quality control is pretty subpar, there have been cases where the dropouts aren't straight so the wheel sits in the frame crooked, or bb shells being the wrong size or also being crooked. there's no warranty either. with carbon being a directional material i'd rather buy from a company that has put extensive R&D into figuring out where and how to lay up the carbon sheets.