View Single Post
Old 02-16-20, 01:20 PM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Fett2oo5
I take issue with your usage of absolutes...

It IS possible, and thousands of people, my fellow students, our collective clients, and myself have all done it. So don't say "it's impossible"

You can and will.

Unless you're an expert in the field, please refrain from using absolutes, and common/uncommon acceptance as fact.

Instead of going into a tirade, citing my research and sources, and further derailing this thread, I'll just say this. If you have an opinion please don't use that as a fact for all cases.
@FreaStevens I mean no disrespect, I'm only pointing out MY issues with the verbiage you used, in this particular post. If I've somehow offended you, I apologize. I went to school for many years and studied Kinesciology, and in the effort to help the OP I wanted to offer some of my knowledge and experience.
Here is a professor of kiniseology who disagrees....
“It packs in and around organs like your liver and pancreas and they just don’t function well when that happens,” says Stuart Phillips, a professor of kinesiology at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ont.

This doesn’t mean you should try every ab workout on Instagram to eliminate ab flab, though. Research shows that ab exercises do little to actually get rid of abdominal fat. “Spot fat reduction is a total myth,” says Phillips. In other words, no matter how many series of crunches, oblique twists or side planks you do, you’re not really targeting the fat around your middle”

https://www.chatelaine.com/health/ta...abdominal-fat/