Old 08-28-14, 12:51 PM
kevmk81

Bikes: Trek Allant 9.9s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black wallnut
What is wrong with being over 50 and racing or training for racing?

Are you afraid to look like a cyclist? I'm 50, overweight, race cx, might race road once or twice next year and when I am on the bike or more properly from the time I leave my house for a bike ride until I return I look like a cyclist. Either I have thicker bark than folks that live elsewhere of people are just more polite in the small towns I live near and ride through. If wearing normal clothes and using platform pedals works for you great glad you found what works. Enjoy your rides. I enjoy my rides kitted up and yes sometimes I even wear a shop kit for the shop that sponsors me with advertising from local businesses that have supported my team. Racing is fun, maybe you could try it sometime.
Yesssssss! THANK YOU!! You took the words right out of my mouth. Really, who CARES what others wear enough to bash anyone else? WOW! And to the ******* the OP ran into, I would have asked him "What's your deal anyways?".

Last edited by PhotoJoe; 08-28-14 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Please don't bypass the filter.