Old 07-26-18, 10:19 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Liked 740 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean V
I don't know why the OP would post about this at all on a public forum.
Surely the way forward would of been to try and resolve it first with the builder?
This? 33 posts before we get to this wisdom? If I'd paid $15K for anything, the first and only person that would know about something seriously wrong with it would have been the dealer or manufacturer! Many posts ago I was going to offer the radical idea that there might not be one damn thing wrong with the tandem at all! Seriously. To date the only accounts of a serious defect in the tandem have been subjective ones. I'm sorry, if I built a $15k tandem and sold it to a client I'd want more than a video of the riders appearing to be less than rigidly coupled because their torso's are bobbing out of alignment! Is it remotely possible that this is due to some other cause than frame failure? I don't know, seems to me that if something that egregious were wrong with my bike I would FEEL it. I wouldn't need riding partners saying "dude, what's up with your ride?!" I'm not sure that the builder is obligated to do anything more than take the bike back and refund the customer in full. And having done just that, expecting that further comment or criticism from said customer will cease in the public sphere does not seem unreasonable.