View Single Post
Old 11-29-16, 01:30 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,485 Times in 4,187 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
This is done when the OP's directives and wants are completely illogical and not in tune with anything even remotely close to being available -

As for my advice, I would advise the OP to sack up and learn to ride a 26" MTB, --- takedown and setup is pretty easy when the seat and wheels are equipped with quick releases

If the trail is genuinely too tight to ride a 26'er, its time to start hiking
Sure, if the search isnt possible, then suggest other things. But there have been responses like suggesting a 650b bike with a 12" frame for kids and to ride a 29er. That isnt even close to the same thing as what the OP wants.

Example-
I asked in the mechanics forum for suggestions on a quality MTB crank thats for kids as I have only found 2 and neither is exactly cheap. and by cheap, Im talking like $50ish, what a Deore crank and BB cost new on ebay.
Nobody had specific options, but did help in other ways. I would have laughed had posters linked 175mm Deore cranksets and suggested I try those. It would have been funny to me as the help was giving me an option that is totally useless due to being the opposite of what I am looking for. Same as suggesting a 29er to someone who wants a small wheel for maneuverability and easy packing(into the car).

Just posting- 'I am not aware of what you are wanting, but if you would be willing to ride a 26er, then you could look into .......' is way more helpful.