Old 02-21-11, 02:00 PM
HardyWeinberg
GATC

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Boye
@Hardy: Seeing you have a Burley hitch, have you by any chance tried whether you could get away with using their standard hitch (http://www.burley.com/home/bur/page_...ged_hitch.html) or would it interfere with the kickstand? The QR hitch you are using doesn't seem to be available any more.
I don't think that hitch would interfere w/ the kickstand. Bummer if the alternative one is no longer available. We actually have a few floating around, I should look into rounding them up, seeing if they have missing parts, and getting them back into circulation.

We also have a couple like the one you linked, but cast(?) flat, not w/ ridges around the edge.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
Hardy do you know if the spokes in that thing even fit your wheel, are they the right length?
Common to need 3 lengths for the 2 wheels.

I've come to think the spoke holder is a Gimmick for Image, .. when the spokes in the thing
don't fit your wheel just that..
Now that you mention it those spokes are definitely not associated w/ the wheels on that bike right now. I also think the spokeholder is a gimmick. I think they had a 'what else can we braze onto this thing' party when drawing it up. I don't use those spokes, I don't use the frame pump peg, I don't use the chain hanger (I tried a couple times but it keeps falling off). I don't even use the brake stop on the rear triangle since I switched over to V brakes.

Still love the bike though.