View Single Post
Old 05-11-11, 12:39 PM
goldfinch

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbadwullf
1) None of them held a gun to your head to get you to the point you are in. You did it to yourself.
I have this thing about blame and fault. I truly believe everyone does the best they can with the cards they are dealt. I don't blame myself for being overweight. It is a frequent condition of modern living. I am not worse or better person than the skinny woman. However, even though I do not consider any of us as being blameworthy, we still have to deal with the fact that we ended up fat and out of shape and magic wands won't cure that. I am proud of all of us here working at losing weight and exercising and seizing the day. We are also lucky to have found the motivation to do these things. Many if not most fat people will not. I don't blame them either. I haven't walked in their shoes.

As far as the jerks, I am glad I am not living their lives. I have no question that I am luckier than they are. But I am human. I can still think of them as jerks.

FWIW.